• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Window - Feature Request
Lightbulb 
I am loving the RoboIntern app very much.

I am using it to mainly to refresh Excel sheets at specific intervals. Need a clarification in that.
1. The "Refresh Excel" option refreshes all the datasets or just only the one active in the current worksheet?
2. Will it rule out all the prompts - when the Excel is opened or during / after the refresh?
3. If there is an error during the refresh, the user doesn't know whether the Excel refreshed successfully or force closed with an error. It would be great, if there is an option to handle this (or if there is already one which I am unaware)

Following are the Feature Requests
1. It would be great to have a direct Active/Inactive option in the main screen itself rather than editing the task and going to the Misc tab and changing its Active status.
2. It would be nice if there is a right click and "Rename" Task option available in the main window rather than editing the task and changing the same in the Misc Tab.
3. It would be good to have an option in the Tutorial section for the Dynamic string - the possible options which can be used.
4. The app becomes unusable when the task is running. I don't know whether threading concept is included or not.

Only thing I am sad about this app is, this is a limited time free app  Sad

Just curious to know, in which language this app is created - like .NET, Java etc...

Thank a lot once again.  Heart

Regards,
BK
Hi again BK Smile

Massive thanks for your invaluable feedback, it's very useful for improving the app!

With regards to your clarification points, please see below my replies:
1. Refresh (and recalculate) Excel effects the whole workbook, not just a single sheet. In an upcoming release I'm planning to add the option to load also the custom user addins for the refresh.
2. I'm not sure which specific prompt you refer to, but VBA related ones unfortunately can't be automatically clicked away (at least in a structured manner). On the built-in ones I would need to test, but if they show up than I think I can solve that easily.
3. This is something I would need to test as well, however, generally if the app caught an error then it should be visible from the main UI. If not, then it would hang until the timeout period. I'll double check that for be sure.

On the feature requests:
1. It's in the main UI already, the circle arrow button Smile
2. I can absolutely add this feature and will do at a future release
3. This is already there at https://robointern.tech/dynamic-formulas.html
4. This is definitely among the top priority features to be added, I just couldn't do it so far due to time constrains. Will surely add it

On the current license agreement have no worries at all, I have absolutely no plans to go commercial in the near term, and even if it were to happen at some point, I'll gladly send a permanent key via email to any existing users asking for one.

And the app is C# .NET Smile

Have a nice day,
Tom
Wow.. For the immediate awesome replies...

2. I'm not sure which specific prompt you refer to, but VBA related ones unfortunately can't be automatically clicked away (at least in a structured manner). On the built-in ones I would need to test, but if they show up than I think I can solve that easily.
Reply: Just reference a table data from another workbook into this workbook and save it in such a way that the formula will update on opening this workbook. Now, rename or move the source workbook (the referenced one), so while opening this workbook, it will prompt whether the reference needs to be updated... These kind of prompts I am saying.

3. This is something I would need to test as well, however, generally if the app caught an error then it should be visible from the main UI (yeah I could see that error has occurred, but if there is an option to catch that error and act accordingly would be great - don't know whether this feature is already available). If not, then it would hang until the timeout period. I'll double check that for be sure.
Reply: If you want to test this, create a query which fetches column a, b, c from a table and save the file. Now, rename/remove one of the columns and try to refresh the Excel, it will throw an error. But this automation automatically accepts the prompt.
Hi BK,

So, I've added the renaming feature to the main UI, it's available for download now Wink

On point 2., I've had a look and it looks to be fine, at least on my side, these warnings do not show.

On 3., there is actually a trigger for task errors, so you could add another task which would for example display a message "Error occurred in file X!" if your selected Excel refresh returned with an error. Let me know if that helps!

Have a nice day,
Tom
Wow... Super great... Let me check. Thanks a million.
One more note, in the meantime I've also added threading ... if you face any issues, let me know!