• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Install as a Windows service
Lightbulb 
Hello,

Would it be possible for an option to install RoboIntern as a Windows service to allow me to log out yet leave it to continue running tasks?

Cheers,
Taomyn
Hi Taomyn,

Thanks for the feedback - it's definitely on the list, I'll just have to see if there is an easy way to do it (right now there isn't even an installer for the app Smile ). I will keep you posted if any updates.

Take care,
Tom
(04-23-2020, 05:45 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Hi Taomyn,

Thanks for the feedback - it's definitely on the list, I'll just have to see if there is an easy way to do it (right now there isn't even an installer for the app Smile ). I will keep you posted if any updates.

Take care,
Tom

Thanks Tom, pfff who needs an installer Tongue If you need help testing it let me know.
Hi Taomyn,

I've just released a new version, 1.1, which has the option to run the app as a service Smile It can be still considered beta, so let me know if any issues Wink

Take care,
Tom
(04-28-2020, 01:59 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Hi Taomyn,

I've just released a new version, 1.1, which has the option to run the app as a service Smile It can be still considered beta, so let me know if any issues Wink

Take care,
Tom

Hi Robointern,

I want to use the robointern service as a beta, So I installed the service in my system. I have two issues-
1. It not run as a user after entering login details and it only run when run as a Localsystem
2. After running service when I open robointern and start scheduling service, it crash all time and not working any task.
I hope to fix the issue soon and thanks for wonderful product Heart
(09-06-2020, 06:21 AM)Roboinform Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 01:59 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Hi Taomyn,

Take care,
Tom

Hi Robointern,

I want to use the robointern service as a beta, So I installed the service in my system. I have two issues-
1. It not run as a user after entering login details and it only run when run as a Localsystem
2. After running service when I open robointern and start scheduling service, it crash all time and not working any task.
I hope to fix the issue soon and thanks for wonderful product Heart

Hello,

Many thanks for the feedback!

I wonder does the service user that you define have permissions to run & install services?

With respect to the crashes, does it fail at a specific task or is it something generic?

Have a nice day,
Tom
Hey Robointern,

I am admin of my pc and I opened robointern as admin and install the service with admin details then service is installed but when I start it, It automatically stop then I give it local system permission and robointern service is running but when I open robointern as admin and click start scheduling then it say please open as admin or it hang and crashes everytime whenever I click start scheduling. And when service is stopped then start scheduling is working.

As I said above I run it as system so it has full permission
On second question, It crashes everytime I click start scheduling and service is not working(for example when I modify file then this happen) if i not start scheduling.
Now when robointern service running and then I open application and it show not responding and crashes. But when I stopped service and start robointern then it's working.

I hope you fix the isssues soon.
Hello RoboIntorm,

Thanks for the detailed info! I think if you install it as localsystem and then change the user, that could cause an issue. I'll have a look and see what I can do about it.

With respect to the crashes, it could be that the service froze at a certain task (not all are supported) and this is causing RoboIntern to crash altogether. I'll look into polishing this further, although it may take some time.

Have a nice day,
Tom
(09-17-2020, 06:57 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Hello RoboIntorm,

Thanks for the detailed info! I think if you install it as localsystem and then change the user, that could cause an issue. I'll have a look and see what I can do about it.

With respect to the crashes, it could be that the service froze at a certain task (not all are supported) and this is causing RoboIntern to crash altogether. I'll look into polishing this further, although it may take some time.

Have a nice day,
Tom

I install the service as admin and then I changed it to local system. service not works when it run as system (service is successfully started but dont do any task as per time) and after installing service when i open robointern then it crashes but when service is not running then open robointern it works fine.
For 2nd answer I only have one task in robointern at a time of crashing.

Thanks for understang and please fix it soon
Hi Tom,

wonderful app, thank you! Where do i find a documentation on how to install robointern as a service? I see the subfolder, but nothing more. Am i blind?

Please advice!

Thank you,
André