• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error with On time trigger
Hi.

I think that I've found reason why I'm getting error on some tasks.

There could be an error on On Time trigger. If I set any task to trigger e.g. every 1 hour and shut down/hibernate my computer, and time to execute task will be during shut down/hibernate time, then app shows an error.

Look at this:

I've restart one of my tasks, and then hibernate computer. After wakes it up shows me na error, which I mention also in Delay action topic:

because my computer wasn't turned on in Next run time.

I had to modify my other task, because it has similar work to do (download file every few hours), but with one more trigger (computer starts/wakes up). So it does'nt execute after shut down/hibernate time. I've deltedt On time trigger and it looks task is running after computer's start/wake up.
Hi Stivo,

Thanks a lot for highlighting! I'll check and revert with a fix soon.

Take care,
Tom
Stivo, I wonder is it possible that somehow your internet connection turns off / manually switched on or off when you hibernate? The error points to not having an internet connection or an incorrect website address.

I've just tried this task from your config.xml with a high frequency trigger (every 10 seconds) and after waking up from sleep it worked on my side.
No. My internet is ok.

I think, I have other clue - I have mu computer connected to electricity by smart plug and I am turning it off after my computer shuts down/hibernates.

I'll check it during next run time (17:30) .
Second post:
I've tested it right now and my earlier clue is incorrect. Computer was hibernated and not disconnect from electricity by smart plug. After wakes up Robointern shows Error.
Hi Stivo,

Thanks for the update! I think I was able to reproduce this error. Will double check tomorrow what exactly is causing it.

Take care,
Tom
I am wondering if did you made any update, because my error doesn't appear since few days. I remember ther was  one update, but changelog says only:
Quote:Fixed a bug that occured when trying to reset a task with multiple triggers
Hi Stivo,

I did investigate in the meantime and I think the problem is that even in sleep mode the PC wakes up sporadically without connecting to the internet and then the download fails (that's why it shows 'host unresolved' error). As a remediation I'm contemplating to add the option to not deactivate a task if it results in error.

However, I didn't change anything related to this in the last release, so glad to hear that the error disappeared for now Smile

Take care,
Tom
Hi.

It's not like the problem is gone permanently. Sometimes it still appears, but not every time. It's not that annoying like earlier. I just run task and forget about it.
(05-07-2020, 11:41 AM)RoboIntern Wrote: Stivo, I wonder is it possible that somehow your internet connection turns off / manually switched on or off when you hibernate? The error points to not having an internet connection or an incorrect website address.

I've just tried this task from your config.xml with a high frequency trigger (every 10 seconds) and after waking up from sleep it worked on my side.