• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RI Won't Open Troubleshoot History
Tom, This doesn't appear revealing but moderator Hans at Eileen's Lounge Forum suggested looking here for RI Won't open.

Take a quick look when able and disregard if nothing helps.  Multi Stopped Working instances recorded appear to duplicate this data and I've tried on C: SSD & D: HDD.

Thanks, Craig

Source
RoboIntern
Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎9/‎18/‎2020/‎Fri 7:43 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\RoboIntern\RoboIntern\RoboIntern.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: RoboIntern.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5f3838e9
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.8.4220.0
Problem Signature 06: 5f03a9e2
Problem Signature 07: 1627
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: 53db
Additional Information 4: 53db8c1b11568db489d75bee1e8a8aee

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 5f1ca07674b39ee59a6af24febccaafa (1903600217589852922)
W10-64 Pro 21H2 - WU Current / 2016 Hm-Stdnt Office C2R
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update! Hmm, it could be something related to a .NET framework update. Let me investigate a bit..

Have a nice day,
Tom
Tom, I Deleted the Sept Net Framework Update - KB4576484 -and still no app Open.
Even tried Rt Clk - RoboIntern.exe - Run Compatibility Troubleshoot as Win 8 = No Good.

Work on this Only as time allows........
Craig, thanks a lot for the feedback.

I wonder could you maybe try to download an older version of RoboIntern see if that works? For example 1.12.

https://robointern.tech/release-log.html

That way I could at least tell if a library is misbehaving..
(09-29-2020, 05:00 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Craig, thanks a lot for the feedback.

I wonder could you maybe try to download an older version of RoboIntern see if that works? For example 1.12.

https://robointern.tech/release-log.html

That way I could at least tell if a library is misbehaving..
I tried v1.12 (x64) and (x86) -- and neither worked in C: SSD or D-HDD - still just a half-second loading circle that disappears.

IF I'm W10-64 Pro -- is it x86 or x64 RI that I use - I've forgotten Which was working and instinctively choose x64. Neither worked today.

Eileen's Lounge forum suggested the new Preview of Net Framewk [ (KB4570723) ]  as a Try it & Delete if issues. Any thoughts on That helping? I'd rather limit New Issue potential BUT do Have fresh Macrium Images.
Again, IF this is Only for me research just when able. Thanks again for the interest!  
Hi Craig, thanks a lot for checking this, your inputs are invaluable.

I've created a test version of RI that could potentially catch startup errors. I wonder you try to download and run the below, and then let me what error message you get?

robointern.tech/release/version-history/RI_x86_test.zip

Many thanks,
Tom
Closed 1st Popup and a 2nd popup was seen per Imgur jpg.

[Image: nXtFlsn.jpg]
Thanks Craig, it looks to be a date format issue..could you try to delete the config.xml from the \config\ folder and see if it works then? Warning: it will delete all tasks.

By the way, the date format shown in your Win Explorer is a bit unusual, it seems to contain the name of the day as well (m/d/yyyy/ddd hh:mm) - is that intentional?
Long story short, Ver 1.16 just opened After I got rid of the Day of Week showing in the System Tray Clock area.
My wife may have made a Mod to do that but I found a How-To site and made a Registry adjustment to Remove it when the Control Panel method didn't work at first.
I've Seen the Day of Week for some time Prior to the Problem, SO I don't know why RI decided to act up when it did.

Really appreciate the Help!

I'll Re-build Tasks from scratch as I didn't know IF / HOW you can Save a File that allows Recovery of existing Tasks should someone have to Delete and Re-install RI.
Is there a Way?

While I have you &  I'll quit after this: I made a Task to Copy-Overwrite an .xlsx File when the File in D: is Modified - overwrite Same File in Bkup USB S:.
Nothing changed after I made a Test mod to the D: xlsx File BUT it Did work when I clk'd Run Task Now.
Happy to live with manual triggers Vs Automatic but FYI.

Many Thanks again.
Hi Craig, super, great to hear.

You can make a backup of existing tasks with an action called 'Backup task configs' (at the very end of the list). You can also restore them afterwards.

With respect to the file modified trigger, I recall that others had also issues with it, and I think it's a Windows problem ( the NFTS file system is somehow not updating the file info cache in the background). I'll have a look at this again when i have more time.

Take care,
Tom