How to get an email if a file is deleted, modified or created
As a simple example we'll configure an email to be sent if a csv file is deleted.
1. In the main window click the '+' button:
2. In the new task window click the '+' button under the 'Triggers' tab:
3. In the new trigger window click the top dropdown and select 'File deleted'. For file created or modified triggers just select the other corresponding one:
4. Enter the file name and then click the 'Add / Update trigger' button:
5. Once returned to the new task window click the 'Add action' button under the 'Actions' tab
6. In the new action window click the top dropdown and select 'Send email with plain text':
6. Enter the details of the email and then click the 'Add action' button:
7. Once returned the new task window click the 'Add task' button:
8. The task is now added. Click 'Start scheduling' for the trigger to work as desired:
And that's it!
If you would like to set the trigger on a file having been modified or created, just select the relevant triggers and configure the same way.
Download for free