• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Created Trigger
Paule, FYI, I've released version 1.22 now that allows to keep scheduling on in case a task results in an error (it can be enabled per task under the 'Misc' tab when editing a task).
(04-18-2021, 07:21 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Paule, FYI, I've released version 1.22 now that allows to keep scheduling on in case a task results in an error (it can be enabled per task under the 'Misc' tab when editing a task).

Hi Tom -

Many thx. I did manage to get a workaround running that works every time. Whenever I have sent a message in here it tends to unclog my brain and find a way to sort it. I will update to the new version.

Several positives have come out of this so it has been worth it. Robointern is now a vital part of the workflow.
Ah okok, cool, great to hear Smile Yes, definitely, many thanks for your inputs!
(04-19-2021, 04:38 PM)RoboIntern Wrote: Ah okok, cool, great to hear Smile Yes, definitely, many thanks for your inputs!

The latest version 1.232 now works when the trigger is set to new file created. Wunderbar.

Under the Options tab I have set the new field Delay actions after trigger fire to 20 seconds. Works perfect. Many thanks for this Tom. It means I no longer have to make a guesstimate as to when a new podcast will arrive in the folder - which means the radio software always plays the latest podcast as and when it arrives in the folder.
Ah cool, nice to hear Smile
Hi -

Haven't posted here for a while because haven't needed to as RI just does it thing every day.  Smile

One thing though ... he he ... I run a task with a 3 action sequence on downloaded podcast files that goes

Copy (to an archive folder)
Rename
Move (the now renamed file to a folder where it overwrites the previous show file with the same name)

It works well except when the file is big. An Error is reported on the Rename task saying it can't do it because the file is already in use by another process ie the copying of the large file has not yet completed and so the renaming can't get done.

Is there a way to put a time delay between actions?

I guess if I split it into 2 tasks (task 1 copy, task 2 rename and move) that would work.

See, write something down and you get a solution. Delay between actions would be more elegant but the 2 task approach will work.

Thx again for a solid app.